Jeju island is geographically oval-shaped and wider side-ways East-West, seen from above in space . it was formed from a volcanic crater, so the center forms Halla Mountain, and every-where else is mostly plains .
although not-even comparable to metropolitan areas in larger cities on the main-land, populated areas are :
- Jeju City at Northern tip of the island,
- JungMun Resort where major hotels are gathered, South-West end of the island
- and SeoGuiPo supposedly Jeju islands second largest city at South-East .
since motor-driving in South Korea is alike the States, instead of Japan and UK : you drive on the Right side of the road . thus many visitors rent a car to drive counter-clock-wise, beginning-out West-ward from Jeju Airport which borders Jeju City :
- shore-lines just West of the airport, are dotted with cozy lodging now called pensions – all with splendid sea-view .
- shore-lines opposite above : to East of the Jeju City has the highest concentration of cafes .
- beaches lay all-around the island, some which can be your private depending on Season and dates . but the most developed and frequented are on both sides of Jeju City on Northern shores .
the whole of Jeju island is small enough to drive around on the same day, but most stay a night or two, considering :
- Western seas are said to have the most color-full, radiant colors, thus real-estate prices slight higher
- Eastern tip has been long a major attraction, as well as preferred point to stay-over in the island, to watch the sun rise and Wish for a Happy NEW Year .
– Luner NEW Years 2016, Jeju isle dot com –